R&D Laboratories Cambridge Science Park
Scope of Works
- Modular partitioning system, floor coverings and false ceilings.
- Bench mounted and walk-in fume cupboards.
- Laboratory benching and furniture.
- Building management and energy conservation controls systems.
- Energy conservation uPVC extract systems.
- Energy conservation air make-up systems.
- Domestic hot and cold-water services from client supply.
- Corrosion resistant drainage system including interceptor tanks.
- Darkroom and controlled environment rooms.
- Electrical installation including a new on-site substation, panel board and mains distribution.
- Lighting and emergency lighting installation.
- Addressable smoke and fire detection system.
- Laboratory Gases including semi-automatic change over manifolds.
- DI water plant and uPVC distribution system
Atlas Environments were appointed as the main contractor and principal designer responsible for the development of an existing open plan office space into new R&D laboratories. Critical to the laboratory design was the incorporation energy conservation system while maintaining operator protection