Medical Research Laboratories Manchester
Scope of Works
- Modular portioning system, floor coverings and false ceilings.
- Bench mounted fume cupboards, laboratory benching and furniture.
- New sympathetic on-site plant rooms and stores for uPVC extract system, air make system, controls, air compressors, new electrical substation and chemical store to meet with landlords, planning and building control requirements.
- Domestic hot and cold-water services from landlord’s cold-water supply.
- Corrosion resistant drainage system.
- Laboratory Gases including semi-automatic change over manifolds.
- Air compressors, including auto changeover unit, dryers, filters and pipelines.
- Electrical installation including a new on-site substation, generator, UPS, changeover control panel. Panel boards and mains distributions.
- Server room complete with bottled gas fire suppression system.
- Access control system
- VRV office air conditioning systems.
- Lighting and emergency lighting installation.
- Addressable smoke and fire detection system.
Atlas Environments were appointed as the main contractor and principal designer responsible for the redevelopment of the existing office space into their new laboratory accommodation. The new facility comprised of sample prep laboratories, mass spec laboratories. Immunise laboratory, pathology laboratory, freezer room, cold store, balance room, comms room, office space and reception area. In addition to the internal fit-out, we also undertook the construction of new plant rooms and compounds to designed minimise the impact of a large laboratory complex within an office space development.